Don’t become a crime statistic – boost your Portland security
While the latest crime statistics for Glenelg Shire show little fluctuation in total offences over the past year, we like to think our Portland security services are making a difference.
The Crime Statistics Agency’s criminal incident figures for the year to September for the municipality reveal:
- 1325 criminal incidents across the shire including Portland, compared to 1350 for the same period in 2016;
- 291 incidents of theft, down from a total of 391 the previous year;
- Property damage, 233 criminal incidents, 10 less than the same period in 2016;
- Burglary/break and enter criminal incidents stood at 118, one more than the previous year;
- 163 criminal incidents of assault and related offences, up from 153 in the year to September 2016;
- And 216 criminal incidents in the breach of order category, compared to 166 in the same period the previous year.
While Glenelg Shire includes several towns, Portland is the biggest and commands about 50 per cent of the shire’s population. At Portland Night Patrol, our experienced security team has been offering professional security services across the region for years, helping to keep people, their homes and their businesses safe from harm.
Our Portland security services and products deliver peace of mind to clients, who have worked hard to create their homes and workplaces and don’t want them damaged at the hands of vandals, thieves and even fire.
From installing multi-camera CCTV systems in government premises, to mobile security patrols for businesses and alarm system installation for residential properties, we’ve got you covered. We also offer 24/7 alarm system monitoring from our state-of-the-art regional monitoring centre as well as swift alarm response by our security guards.
If crime statistics cause you alarm, then take action to keep from possibly adding to the list. Be proactive and contact us at Portland Night Patrol to find how you can boost your Portland security levels at your residence or business.
You can also take advantage of our no-obligation assessment, where a member of our team will inspect your property to work out the best approach to improve your security coverage.