Portland, Victoria residential security
Security tips for the holiday season
Being January and school holidays with some public holidays and long weekends coming up, we wanted to give our clients in all the towns we service some residential security tips for the holiday season.
If you’re going away even for a short time (i.e. Australia day weekend), there are some very simple things you can do such as:
- Leave a light on inside.
- Make sure your front sensor light is working if you have one.
- If you have a pet such as a dog that lives outside organise a family member, friend or neighbour to feed, check on it and give it water daily – this is often fine if you are only away for a very short time such as a weekend (any longer may require more thorough care and attention). However, a dog in the back yard certainly acts a deterrent to burglars because it will likely bark and draw attention to unusual activity.
- Leave a couple of old pairs of shoes out the front to make it look like you’re home or not away for long.
- If you’re away for longer than a week or so, organise someone to collect your mail! An overstuffed letter box is a giveaway sign no one is home.
- Employ security services such as alarm systems and responses or CCTV for ultimate deterrence and protection against criminal activity.
Based in Portland, Victoria, we provide state-of-the-art security products and services across Geelong, Ballarat and regional Victoria. Towns we service include Portland and Portland North, Gorae West, Hamilton, Port Fairy, Heywood, Bolwarra, Cape Bridgewater, Mount Richmond, Heathmere, Tyrendarra, Cashmore and Narrawong